Oh, hi there! Remember me? I can't believe it's almost mid-January!
Here's a little confession: While many other shop owners, bloggers, and small business overachievers were posting their year-end recaps at, well, the end of the year, and kicking off 2014 with a "this is my word of the year, and these are my goals" blog post, I am just now managing to lumber out of my post-holiday cave and shake off my winter hibernation. Following the Christmas rush, I decided to take some personal time off to enjoy the spirit of the season with family and friends.
The holiday season was crazy-amazing-busy and I am so, SO grateful for all of you who ordered presents from the Etsy shop, visited us at a local craft show, or requested a custom gift for someone special! You blew me away with your enthusiasm and support and I am truly grateful!
Now, with a new year comes new goals and plans! It's a time to refocus, to learn from the past year, and to move onward and upward in 2014. But first, a little recap of 2013…
2013 was the first full year since Buck & Libby launched and, holy moly, was it a good one!
There was a ton of brainstorming, organizing, list-writing, and inventory-taking…
Lots and lots of daily doodling to keep the creative juices flowing…
I did a craft show or two…or three… or a million….
A bunch of fun new products were launched…
I had the pleasure of doodling SO many attractive people…
… many of which were turned into fun invites and gifts!
I learned all about what it means to "Make Art That Sells" and connected with other artists during the Lilla Rogers e-course…
…and Buck & Libby made its retail store debut in shops in Cincinnati and Columbus!
On a personal note, we focused on simplifying our lives this year as well. We got rid of all of our junk, sold our three-bedroom house in the 'burbs, and moved into a bright, cheerful, perfectly-small one bedroom apartment.
We escaped for our anniversary on a vacation to the Outer Banks and fell in love with Manteo, NC…
And last but not least, Instagram nearly exploded with all of the pup photos I posted!
So what's in store for 2014? I'm so glad you asked!
I've got lots of ideas up my sleeve for the new year, some of which I'm keeping under wraps (for now!) but here are a few things coming up soon:
- An updated website (we're currently in clean up mode!)
- MORE custom portrait options! I know you've been antsy to get your portrait orders in again and I REALLY appreciate your patience as we work out the details and restructure our custom process. I know you'll be excited when we reveal our new offerings! (Hint: We'll have an option for EVERY budget!)
- "Operation: Wholesale" is a go! It's been so much fun seeing our products on store shelves and I'm looking forward to expanding into new stores and new cities. Do you have a favorite gift shop you'd like to see our products in? Send me the deets!
- New designs and more printable options for all you DIY-types
- A more consistent blog presence. I have so much I want to share with you guys on this crazy journey and I love to do so via our blog platform so keep a lookout here for updates.
- New products including (gasp!) apparel like T-Shirts, Baby Clothes, and totes (woo!)